Who is also a busy mom, who feels that there is never enough time for self-care? When I read about how important it is to fill my cup first – I wonder how this is possible in reality.
I cannot take an hour for my yoga practise since sometimes I even miss taking a shower. Still, aligning myself in the morning is important for me. I needed to do something for myself that takes minimal time but has a maximum effect.
A simple trick that made the difference
Often, when I had a minute for myself, I did not know what to do first. To limit the options and to have everything in place, I made myself a self-care basket. It is a small basket with all my favourite tools to feel aligned, inspired and in connection with my inner guidance.
Things, that go into my self-care basket:
- My Bach Flower Oracle Cards
- A mini-chakra balancing kit with essential oils
- A small book with the intentions I write down every month
- An essential oil bottle for grounding
- A divinely smelling hand cream
Even when I have only two minutes, I am able to pick one thing from my basket and do it.
Examples for mini-self-care rituals from my basket:
Even when I have only two minutes, I am able to pick one thing from my basket and do it, like:
- I can roll the Balance essential oil blend on the sole of my feet before I put on socks – that keeps me grounded throughout the day.
- I can take my book of intentions and read one or two intentions out loud and get into the vibes of those.
- I can pick a Bach Flower Oracle Card, let the message sink in and if more time is available, use the remedy picked and the pairing essential oil
- If I have more time, I balance my chakras with the essential oil kit I made myself, I love smelling the oils and connecting with my energy body.
- Moisturising my hands and feet with the doTERRA Citrus Bliss cream (smells like Vanilla and Citrus oils) is very nurturing for me and a symbol for taking care of my body.
I want to explain a bit more about picking a card in the morning.
My favourite way of using the Bach Flower Oracle Cards
I feel like I am moving so quickly through transformation-processes theses days, that I rarely make myself a blend that lasts for days. Usually, I pick a Bach Flower remedy every morning with the help of my cards.
With a lot of trust in my intuition, that gets confirmed throughout the day when I encounter situations, that relate to the Bach Flower remedy I picked in the morning, this is my favourite way of working with the cards.
How I do this:
1. I center myself and ask the question: Which Bach Flower Remedy can support me best today?
2. I knock on the cards to clear all the energies and I shuffle them, with an inner focus on guidance, while holding the question in my heart.
3. I spread the cards and let my hand move by itself to pick a card.
It is so easy and part of my morning ritual. I love to connect with the plant spirits (and my intuition) every morning. The Bach Flowers are such important remedies for me to be aligned with my soul throughout the day.
Finally, something that works!
Together with essential oils, intention setting and chakra balancing I have some powerful tools that help me to follow my flow and stay grounded (cause action is needed as well).
Before having this self-care basket I always struggled with morning rituals – mostly because I couldn’t decide what to do first. Now I have 5-7 things to choose from and it is easy to decide how much time I have to fit in a little ritual.
Do you feel inspired by that and would like to create your own self-care basket? Would you like to add the Bach Flower Oracle Cards and essential oils into it? Click here to get a card deck and click here to start your essential oils journey with me.